Ballyboden St. Enda’s players and supporters stand in silence for our dear departed friend Dermot Manley.

Senior football league semi final v Lucan Sarsfield, 17 November 2019 at Páirc Úí Mhurchú

Ballyboden St Endas – 2 – 12

Lucan Sarsfield 2 – 6

With a place in the league final up for grabs against Ballymun Kickhams, it was important to keep our unbeaten run intact. With a lot of first team players not available due to injury or being rested, the depth of the squad would be tested. Tom Hayes took over the frees from the left and had a point on the board from a free in the first minute. Lucan replied with two points from play in the 7 and 19 minutes before Warren Egan restored parity a minute later. While scores were hard to come by in the first 20 minutes, the next 10 were more generous. Lucan went four points up with a goal and a point in the space of 2 minutes. This was putting it up to the home team and they duly responded. Tom Hayes scored twice from frees but Lucan got one back from a free. Then three points in a row from play from Conal Keaney, Tom Hayes and Alan Flood brought the sides level as the half time whistle blew.

The second half started with Ross McGarry and Collie Basquel coming off the bench. Ross popped over a point after five minutes followed quickly by Alan Flood when he fisted over. Warren Egan then powered his way through the defence and finished to the back of the net. Collie Basquel converted two frees to put Boden 7 points ahead approaching the mid-way point of the half. The visitors got a point back and were awarded a penalty which they duly converted to bring the lead back to three points. The home team were then awarded a penalty and Warren Egan popped over for a point. Lucan cancelled this out to leave just three points between the sides. With time running out, and the home goalmouth under pressure, the ball was cleared to Kieran Kennedy who carried the ball up the right wing. He spotted Conal Keaney all alone in front of goal and duly found him. Although he was being tackled by a Lucan defender, Conal managed to get a shot off past the goalkeeper to put six points between the sides and the final whistle sounded shortly afterwards.

This was a match that gave some of the extended panel members an opportunity to show management that they were available for selection for the Leinster semi-final. Many of the players put their hands up, none more so than Cian Murray at corner back.

It is now on to Mullingar on Sunday next for the Leinster semi-final against Garrycastle.

TEAM: Mark McNamee; Cian Murray; Shane Clayton; Kieran Kennedy; Brian Bobbett; James Holland; Sean Gibbons; Donagh McCabe; Luke O’Donoghue; David Hayes; Alan Flood; Warren Egan; Tom Hayes; Conal Keaney; Ronan Cleary. SUBS USED: Robbie McDaid; Ross McGarry; Collie Basquel; Bob Dwan; Darren O’Reilly; Malachy Codd.

Photos by John Kirwan

Posted by BodenGAA on Sunday, November 17, 2019

U21A Result: BBSE 2-09 Cuala 3-15