Ballyboden St Endas GAA Club is seeking an Athletic Development Coach. The club is a large, progressive, urban GAA club, located in South Dublin catering for female and male players across the four codes of Hurling, Football, Camogie and Ladies Football from Boden Óg to adult.
Our club is a focal point for the local community. Since its foundation in 1969 it has grown and developed as a community focused club promoting the values of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael. Our aim is to enhance and enrich the lives of players, coaches, mentors, and parents who engage in whatever way with our activities. We aim to provide opportunities for personal and sporting development, which will lead to an enriching and life-long involvement with Cumann Lúthchleas Gael and enhance the development of every individual.
- Oversee and contribute to delivery all aspects of Strength and Conditioning (S&C), fitness and sports science in Ballyboden St. Endas GAA Club including planning, programme design, delivery, and monitoring.
- S&C lead (implement gym programme and on pitch conditioning) for the four senior teams (Football, Hurling, Ladies Football, Camogie)
- S&C lead for the four minor teams (Football, Hurling, Ladies Football, Camogie)
- Work closely with the teams’ management teams
- Deliver and report on agreed KPIs for athlete development.
- Maintain player statistics including GPS, fitness tests, body weight and composition and progressions, using latest technology solutions
- Liaise with physio, medical staff and team management regarding injured players, return to play protocols and player injury prehab. and rehab. programmes
- Manage training load of players, particularly dual players
- Oversee the implementation of the S&C programme across multiple other teams (U13 to Adult) in conjunction with an assistant
- Upskill Club Coaches in latest S&C research and in delivering S&C
- Manage the upkeep and upgrading of the gym facility
Coaching and Players Development Manager (CPDM), Ballyboden St. Endas GAA Club
- Teams’ management
- Coaching and Games Development Committee
- Club Executive
- Club Physio
Required Skills and Attitude
- Ability to manage and structure appropriate programmes for individuals and teams
- Ability to teach core lifts and education on how they complement Gaelic games
- Ability to teach running mechanics (linear and multidirectional)
- Ability to deliver land and jump (single leg) mechanics training
- Ability to develop aerobic capacity and demonstrate similar in players
- Ability to create standards of the highest level and make athletes accountable
- Ability to instil a culture where players expect the highest standards of each other
- Demonstrable passion for Gaelic Games and the values of the GAA
- Understanding and appreciation of the club’s ethos and its role in the community
- Respectful appreciation of the work of volunteers
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation and training-delivery skills
- Strong appetite for continuous learning and development
- Recognised degree or Higher National Diploma in Physical Education, Human Movement or Sports Science.
- Recognised professional certification in S&C.
- Minimum three years full-time experience as an S&C Coach in a sporting environment.
- A verifiable record of programme design and delivery of physical development programmes for adolescent and adult GAA players.
- Garda Vetting & Child protection training
- Effective time management and the proven ability to work independently.
Applications by email, to include a CV, should be sent to:
[email protected] by Friday January 6th, 2023
Ballyboden St. Enda’s is an equal-opportunity employer.