A report from Day 2 of the Feile. (by Alan Kinsella)

The clock was ticking down in the final minutes of the game, Ballyboden two points ahead, waves of Whitehall Colmchilles attacks, balls dropping in around the goals, saves off the lines, blocks, boys throwing their bodies in front of goalbound shots.
Parnell Park echoing to the roars of the supporters of both teams, parents grabbing on to one another in the excitement, others rigid with tension. The ball lands into the Ballyboden net, horror for Ballyboden, delight for Whitehall….. Its a Square Ball or some other infringement, its been disallowed !!
Goalkeeper Adam Farrell lies injured on the ground, is he alright? Will Conor Lowe who has been having a great game up front have to go in goal for the closing seconds? Adam got up, the ball was kicked out another Whitehall attack was repelled and then the final whistle blew and Ballyboden St Endas were the Division 1 Féile Peil na nÓg Champions.

Parents, brothers, sisters, mentors , Grannys , Grandads, Uncles, Aunts, friends , cousins and others from the Ballyboden Family ran onto the pitch to hug their boys and anyone else who may have looked like a Ballyboden fan!

Captain Kevin Desmond led the team up the steps as the boys were presented with their medals and to cheers Kevin lifted the trophy and gave a wonderful speech.

It was then back to club then where La na Club had been on. Given a Garda Escort the victorious convoy arrived amid beeping and cheering to be given a tumultuous welcome. There were more pictures with the trophy and speeches by Andrew Coffey, Peter Hanrahan, Sean O’Neill and of course Derek Ward.

The day had started off with a Semi Final against Castleknock in front of a large crowd at Pairc Uí Mhurchú. The boys started well with a point from Conor Woods. Then John McGinn (who had scored 1-11 in Saturdays game) had to go off injured. The boys battled on and Enda Cashman added two further points. Castleknock struck back with a point before Conor Woods scored his second point of the day. Castleknock then struck for a goal and then two further points pushing them into a two point lead. Luke McDwyer got a point and Ballyboden went into the break a point down 0-05 to 1-03.
The Ballyboden started to get a grip on the midfield area with Luke Grady, Enda Cashman, David Ward, James Kinsella, Kevin Desmond, Jack Daly Kenny excelling themselves, the crowds nerves were settled when Conor Woods scored a great goal, injuring himself in the process. Luke Grady scored another goal and Ballyboden were ahead by five points. Castlekock brought the deficit down with a point before Adam Farrell made the save of the day somehow tipping a goalbound shot over the bar for a point. The Ballyboden lead was now down to three points. Then Luke mcDwyer scored a point before Conor Lowe bravely scored a great goal. Ciaran O’Reilly , Enda Cashman and Evan Cullen added further points before Castleknock scored a point and the last score of the game came from Luke McDwyer.
So they boys were now heading to Parnell Park for the final. Word reached us that it would be Whitehall Colmchilles in the final as they had beaten Kilmacud Crokes in the other semi final.

The boys headed home, rested , rehydrated, willingly had baths and ate pasta.  They then made their way to Parnell Park along with a large Ballyboden following.

The warm up over the boys lined up for Amhrán na bhFiann and soon the game was on. Whitehall scored two early points before Adam Carrigan ,Conor Woods , Luke Grady and 3 John McGinn points gave Ballyboden a four point lead. Whitehall then scored three unanswered points. Half Time and Ballyboden led 0-06 to 0-05. The nerves in the stands were something else……
The second half began and John McGinn and Enda Cashman scored great points to give Ballyboden a 3 point cushion. Whitehall scored two points and it was now a single point game. John McGinn scored another point and the onslaught of the Boden goal began……. Boden held out for a two point win.

So much thanks is due to everyone involved the mentors, the players, their families, Carina Cashman, Ted Dalton and the Fundraising Committee, The Juvenile Committee , all those that helped out over the weekend and during the preparation for Feile and of course the club itself.

Well done to all the boys on the Ballyboden Panel, each and every one played a vital role.
Adam Carrigan , Luke Grady, Luke McDwyer , Ben Kelly, Evan Cullen, Daire Lynch, Jacques Dalton, David Ward, Kevin Desmond, Cillian Kirwin , James Kinsella, Ciaran O’Reilly, John McGinn, Mark Walsh, Dean Ralph, Jack lambert, Dillon Dunleavey, Adam Farrell, Jack Daly Kenny, Conor Woods, Enda Cashman, Conor Lowe, Ruairi Mac Mathúna, Aidan Garvey.
Mentors Derek Ward and Sean McGinn aided by Bernard Lynch, Ciaran Farrell, Collie Dunne and others.

For more photos from the weekend click here.