Ballyboden St Enda’s have been chosen as one of 25 GAA clubs in Ireland to take part in a Lidl and Jigsaw initiative called ‘ONE GOOD CLUB’.
The programme will run over 10 weeks commencing March 1st 2021 and every fortnight a different theme of Jigsaw’s ‘5 a day for your Mental Health’ is featured.
The programme will see our members being encouraged and supported to undertake a series of mental and wellbeing activities in line with Jigsaw’s 5 a day.
There are 5 stages, each lasting two weeks and the stages
• Week 1-2: Connect
• Week 3-4: Be Active
• Week 5-6: Take Notice
• Week 7-8: Keep Learning
• Week 9-10: Give
The first stage will begin on March 1st.
The club will use these 2 weeks to encourage our members to connect with each other and to reach out to the wider community. There will be a number of initiatives sent out to the lead mentors of each team for their players.
We hope everyone will get on board especially in these Covid times when we are limited with our interactions with others and will benefit by
•Increasing awareness of youth mental health nationally by empowering LGFA communities through the Lidl One Good Club programme
• Building national awareness for Jigsaw services and resources
• Getting young people talking about mental health
• Getting young people involved in the local community
• Increasing the profile of the club and strengthening its position in the community
• Getting parents and volunteers involved in the club and interacting with young people
• Boost club and community morale with One Good Club.
All participating clubs will receive a new set of jerseys for a team of their choosing
✓ Accredited clubs will receive a plaque confirming their successful completion of the programme
✓ They will also be considered for three awards –
▪ Most Innovative Initiative (prize €2,500)
▪ Most Community Involvement (prize €2,500)
▪ Best Overall Engagement (prize €5,000)
For more information email: [email protected]