Ballyboden St. Endas: 2-10Kilmacud Crokes: 2-3

It was under the shadow of Bray Head where we encountered our first championship game against hosts Kilmacud Crokes. Keen to get proceedings underway given a very busy morning schedule, the referee would likely let things flow and thus avoid too much added time. Given the sense of urgencyalready established, Amy Brennan set down a marker and stuck over a point with just a few minutes on the clock. Julie Brady followed suit with Ruby Hynes coming right behindher to slot one over. The habit of scoring points was brought to an abrupt halt when Neasa Codd rattled the north end net in the fourteenth minute to assert a clear lead. Hannah Bury and Siofra Kelly did massive work to help set up scores and claw in distance with some fine solos. Hannah Leahy (celebrating her 18th birthday in style) decided one wasn’t enough and drilled a zinger three minutes later. Crokes didn’t increment the scoreboard till the twenty third minute, a testament to anoutstanding defensive. Given the intensity of the challenges, Eimear K and Heather McG came on after twenty minutes to help neutralize the lactic acid in some legs and help drive things on.

Grace D, Jenny M, Ailbhe, Isobelle, Rachel, and Eimear Mc did trojan work under the composure and direction of goalkeeper Lauren Jennings, who made some fantastic saves and kept the tally in check. With a goal to their credit we knew the wind in the second half would put us on the back foot with the Crokes ladies. Games in these conditions can change course quickly. The points kept coming but for both teams but the second goal from Crokes got the Boden parental hearts racing. Thankfully, everyone behind the fan fence seemed well behaved. Despite getting within four points of victory at one stage, the Boden ladies stood firm and denied Crokes that opportunity. A seven point lead meant the result was unquestionable as the referee blew his whistle with Swiss-like punctuality.

Amy B (0-1) Julie B (0-3) Ruby (0-4) Neasa (1-0) Hannah L (1-0) Aisling (0-2)

Next game is 26th Nov against Naomh Olaf A.

Thanks for all the support, and to Miriam Christie for photos.